Technical Submittals of Materials / Equipment Approval for External, Exterior and Outdoor Lighting System consists equipment data, compliance statements, shop drawings or construction drawings, samples, product certificates, field test reports, maintenance data and as-built (record) drawings.
Materials / Equipment Data:
For each type of lighting unit indicated submit complete data for approval including, but not limited to, the following:
- Detailed literature, in English, for each type of luminaire or fixture, lamp and control gear including manufacturer's name, catalog number, rating, material specification, overall dimensions, operating characteristics and principles, and any modification to a standard product if applicable.
- Detailed specification and drawings for each column type including shape, base/mounting flanges, bolts, nuts etc, cross-sections, design criteria and calculations, brackets, finishes, provisions for cabling, cut-out or circuit-breaker etc.
- Photometric data for lighting calculations including polar curves, coefficients of utilization, efficiency and depreciation factors certified by approved, internationally accredited, independent photometric testing laboratory.
- Materials, finish and dimensions ofluminaires and poles.
- Certified results of laboratory tests for fixtures and lamps for electrical ratings and photometric data, including IP rating certification.
- Certified results of laboratory tests for fixtures and lamps for photometric performance.
- High-intensity-discharge luminaire ballasts.
Compliance Statements of the Materials / Equipment:
Point-wise compliance statement to the specifications, duly signed by the manufacturer/ manufacture's authorized representative and the contractor.
Shop and Construction Drawings of Installation of Materials / Equipment:
Submit Drawings for approval including, but not limited to, the following:
- Layout of equipment in exact positions with mounting and construction details, concrete foundation dimensions and reinforcement, routing and sections of duct banks and trenches, backfill and packing material, earthing rods etc.
- Cabling and wiring diagrams, single line drawings, loads, phase distribution, protection and control, earthing and the like.
- Calculations of illumination and glare levels, based on CIE methods.
Materials / Equipment Samples:
Submit fully equipped sample of luminaire or other materials or components if required by the Engineer.
Product Certificates of Materials / Equipment:
Signed by manufacturers of lighting units certifying that products comply with requirements.
Field Test Reports of Materials / Equipment:
Indicate and interpret test results for compliance with performance requirements.
Maintenance Data of Materials / Equipment:
For lighting units to include in maintenance manuals specified in concerned Division.
As-Built (Record) Drawings of Materials / Equipment:
At Project close-out, submit Record Drawings of installed lighting, in accordance with requirements of the Specification Division.
Last Modified: 18-Feb-2019